“The reception of the sacrament of Confirmation is necessary for the completion of baptismal grace."
Catechism of the Catholic Church 1285
It is called Confirmation because it confirms and strengthens baptismal grace. Through this sacrament, the grace given in baptism is deepened.
What you need to know...
- Candidate must be enrolled in at least 10th grade, and be at least 15 years old.
- Individual seeking Confirmation must present proof of Baptism in the Catholic Church.
- A candidate must be concurrently enrolled in a Christian Formatin program during the year in which they prepare for Confirmation.
- A retreat experience is part of the sacramental preparation.
- Candidates and their parents attend an orientation session to help discern their readiness